I makes no difference to me who someone votes for. It is intriguing to learn why someone chooses one person over another:
Obviously, at first you are thinking, “yeah, but anyone can find uninformed voters on the street…” – but here are some actual numbers form Zogby:
The poll surveyed over 500 self-professed Obama voters and has an MOE of 4.4%, with 55% having a college degree and over 90% having a high-school diploma. It asked 12 multiple-choice questions; only 2.4% got at least 11 correct. Only .5% got all them correct.
- 57.4 could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
- 81.8 could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
- 82.6 could NOT correctly say that Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
- 88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)
- 56.1 % could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).
- Only 13.7% failed to identify Palin as the person their party spent $150,000 in clothes on
- Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter
- And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her “house,” even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!
The last point I think is kind of silly because you are basically just arguing linguistics. However – the other numbers are important to understand. Plus, be sure to catch the end of the video clip to see what media outlets each person endorses…
There is one simple fact from this election: In elections, Conservatives not only run against the Democrat party, but also the vast majority of the American media. While I simply disagree with the former, I outright despise the latter.
How can a nation that relies on The Daily Show and the Colbert Report for their news, expect to be taken seriously by the likes of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Vladimir Putin, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Kim Jong-il, and Hugo Chavez?